Science House – SHFA

The Science House built in 1931-32, is located at 157-161 Gloucester Street, The Rocks, Sydney at the south western corner of the intersection of Gloucester and Essex Streets. It is of State significance due to its ability to demonstrate important historical themes in the development of The Rocks precinct and for historical, aesthetic and social values which are represented through its architectural, interior and streetscape qualities.

The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (the Foreshore Authority) commissioned PTW Architects to update and re-structure the previous Conservation Management Plan for Science House (prepared for the Foreshore Authority by HBO+EMTB). Proceeding the CMP by HBO+EMBT was a CMP produced by Rod Howard in 1991.