Rod Brown has gained international experience across a broad range of sectors including residential, office, industrial/commercial, transport, sport, retail, education and healthcare, covering a variety of building sizes and procurement arrangements, most recently with large scale Design & Construct contracts, and previously with smaller traditional contracts.
Being committed to environmental and social sustainability, he has a reputation for dealing fairly with all parties, and has managed over 20 years of successful relationships with clients, builders, consultants, authorities, students and the general public. Experience includes working for government and private sector multi-disciplinary design and management organisations.
Rod is able to take on a variety of roles within the PTW team structure, and has several areas of specialist expertise in addition to the ability to design, draw and oversee delivery of complex projects.
2011 TfNSW U2 Urban Design
2008 Greenstar Accredited Professional
2007 NSW Architects Registration 7681
1996 Registered Architect, Hong Kong
1990 Registered Architect, UK
1981 – 1985 University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture
BSc (Hons) & Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture.
1977 – 1980 Millfield (International) School, England
2008 AIA Architecture Commendation for Multiple Housing – Lumière Residences
2005 RAIA Architecture Awards for Commercial Buildings and Energy Efficiency/ ESD – 30 The Bond
2004 Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Award – 30 The Bond, Millers Point
2002 Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Award – Forum Development, St Leonards
1996 – present PTW Architects, Sydney.
1993 – 1996 Liang Peddle Thorp, Hong Kong
1986 – 1993 Atkins UK.
1984 YRM International, London base.
1982 Fröhlich Bauunternehmung, Germany
- All-Africa Games Stadium & precinct, Brazzaville. Asia Games venue, Doha. Sydney Olympic Park and Showground
- TCA tender for John Holland Group, South West Rail Link D&C Consortium.
- Sydney CBD Metro – Kujika Bid, Central Station, White Bay Station, Rozelle Depot
- MacQuarie Park Residential/hotel precinct & buildings Transport Orientated Development
- Housing NSW – Stimulus Package with Seniors Living and Affordable Housing, NSW, Australia
- Lumière & Regent Place Development, Town Hall, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Residential & Office & Heritage Assets Refurbishments, Sydney
- Mental Health ACT, Adult Acute Inpatient Unit, The Canberra Hospital. Redevelopment Sutherland Hospital
- 30 The Bond, Sydney– in collaboration with Bovis Lend Lease, Sydney
- Forum Transport Orientated Development, St Leonards, Sydney